Join our Team Recruiting for 2019 Season
We will be hiring Production Assistants for the 2019 Season starting this Spring!
Please submit resume and cover letter between March 2019 - April 2019.
Individual will work under the direct supervision and guidance of management of the Ira + Lucy Senior Team. Individual will learn to navigate event design, coordination and rentals in the following technical and creative aspects:
· attend scheduled planning team meetings
· load and unload truck and trailer per company standards
· set up and tear down of event decor (crews broken into teams, typically 6-8 hr shifts)
· follow direction of Senior Planner for implementing design plans
· assist Senior Planner in execution of coordination plans and logistics
· maintain implemented procedures to ensure cleanliness, professional presentation and effective organization of inventory
· honor strict privacy standards regarding inventory, client interaction, styled shoots, event and business events and activities
· able to lift 50 pounds unassisted
· work with a team mentality
· able to work weekends and late hours
· can provide own transportation
· comfortable in high stress environments
· part time, on-call event basis scheduled in advance with at least 3 weeks notice
The "heat" of our season is typically May - October, with the Fall and Winter focused on corporate events and planning for the following season's weddings. Many of our team members juggle a part-time job with Ira + Lucy taking up weekend availability. All positions require open Saturday and Sunday availability. Please note, that most events are Saturdays, with peak season in June - October.
OUR IDEAL CANDIDATE MUST
· function on innovation! We strive to add a fresh approach to event design and not to merely copy what has already be done!
· work as a team! We can't excel alone... we believe in the power of networking, collaboration and recognizing that it isn't about "I", but about a cohesive team effort.
· never compromise on integrity. We value honest, hard work.
· experience with composition, interior design, event design
· strong verbal and written communication
· ability to lift up to 50 pounds
· punctual, organized and flexible
· provide avg. 10 hours per week (more during wedding season)
· have weekends open
Pay will be dependent on experience.
1. Submit your cover letter including why you would be an asset to Ira + Lucy and your
1. resume in the below form.
2. Provide two references and your availability (days + hours) and compensation requirements
3. In person interviews
4. Final Selection